- Aim to arrive at the studio at least 15 minutes before class. This will give you time to sign in and get ready. The studio doors are locked once class starts.
- Check out our Location and Contact Information page for location specifics.
- Hydrate completely before, during and then after class.
- Try not to go to class on a full stomach. Eat two hours before class or if you have something right before class make sure is light and low-acid to help digestion.
- Keep perfume or cologne to a minimum
- Come dressed to sweat. Wear light and fitted comfortable clothing and a change of clothes if you wish to shower after class.
- Bring water, a mat if you have one, and a couple of towels. You will need one towel for class, and one for showering.
- Be sure and sign up for class online before you get it to secure your spot – especially in the small room.
- Be grateful that you made it to class
- Sign in at the desk and tell them that it is your first class.
- Be sure to take your shoes off before entering the yoga room. There are cubbies in the hallway and both locker rooms for you to put your bags, clothes, shoes and any other things in.
- Enjoy visiting our studio with others, but please do so quietly. Also, turn of your cell phone, or leave it on silent.
- Check that the teacher knows that it is your very first class and let them know if you have any injuries or health conditions.
- Bring just your mat, your towel, and a water bottle into the yoga room.
- Take a comfortable place for yourself and relax.
- Enjoy your class
- Make sure that you continue to hydrate.
- Try to experience the class without comparing yourself to the other students. Yoga is a practice and not a competition.
- Stay present and let go of any stress from the day.
- Listen to your body. You do not need to push it. It is fine to experience some discomfort, but if you feel pain then back off.
- It is ok to take a rest during class. Focus on your breath and allow the teacher to guide you.
- Listen to the teacher and follow their instructions.
- Try your best to stay for the whole class. Check with the teacher if you really feel the need to leave early.
end of class
- Every class will finish with Savasana. Lie down on your back, close your eyes, and bring your awareness to your breath.
- When you are ready to leave, gather your things quietly and put back any props or rented items.
- Remain mindful of your fellow students as you leave the room.
- Feel free to ask your teachers any question after class